Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

22.2.11

Monster Magnet..the early early years


Three early releases of Monster Magnet. The first one is "Love Monster" from 1988 (but released in 2001) which is written and recorded from Dave Wyndorf before Monster Magnet was formed.  The other two ("We're Stoned,What Are You Gonna Do About It" and "Forget About Life, I'm High On Dope") are from 1989 and they're cassette recordings. At this point M.M. were : Dave Wyndorf (Guitar,Vocals), John McBain (Bass), Tim Cronin (Drums,Vocals). They are must-have releases for all fans of Spine of God era. Cheers!

*Here is a better quality of the previous upload. Credits to Tetsuo The Cat,for ripping and editing this one

BONUS:
Here are the releases of Wyndorf's band before Monster Magnet along with Phil Caivano and Daniel Rabinowitz. They released two 7"s in 1979 ("Combat Love") and 1981 ("Go Cruisin'") and a selftitled EP in 1984. Don't expect anything like Magnet's stuff,only a glam-punk-powerpop kind of thing.

4 comments:

  1. the last track (snoopy) on Love Monster seems to be broken when i try to extract it. could you re-post it? thanks for the shrapnel too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, no chance you can repost these gems in a lossless format?
    Thanks in advance, Gus.

    ReplyDelete