Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

28.3.11

I'm so proud of you all



Today is a great day for me. March 28th gonna be my fucking personal anniversary. The first DMCA takedown notification is here and I'm celebrating it by opening a bottle of goood champagne.

The offending and criminal post was about Graveyard's new album. The post was moved to draft (I should start thinking to back up all my posts' material). What a glorious moment! A momentous occasion!

Well,fuck it. It seems some people don't get it. While some people(musicians and even labels) ask you to post their material and give to anyone the chance to hear their work and give you the thumbs up for getting people to know them,others just order you to shut up. People who were going to buy their music,will do it anyway 'cause they love it and they want to support it,either they download it or not. Also,they will go to their lives,they will buy their merch,they will give their support in any way they can. That is a fact I think.

The point is that whatever they do,music(actually the music WE love) will keep sharing over the internet. Cause in case they don't understand, WE all are a great big company of friends that just share the things WE like and WE want to give the chance to others like them too.

After all,if someone don't want to share his work like that,he can contact me and ask me to delete the offending link. That's the way that I can accept it without any complaint. Really. We're all humans god damnit and if someone ask me to delete something that is not good for him(from his point view),I'm kind enough to respect his wish. There is no need to entangle things with law shit and stuff like that.

So,after that I decided(until I figure out something better) not to post links of NEW albums coming out,just my personal opinion for them. If you want to download it there are thousands of friends out there where you can find them(and if you don't just ask me,I will gladly help you). I'll make exceptions if a band contacts me and tell me that they want to share their album with US and if I take the band's ok for posting it.

That's for now. I would like to say that I'm proud of all of you out there for your dedication and hard work for trying to stop music's worldwide spread. God Bless You! Long live the King!(the King is dead ;) )


Cheers!

*Nothing of what I wrote referred at Graveyard specifically. Just some thoughts for our world. 

1 comment:

  1. I remember the first takedown notice i relieved, I thought it was amazing. It gets old very fast tho and once you pile up enough *poof* your blog is taken down. I think mine will disappear any day now.

    ReplyDelete