Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

31.3.11

Weathers - Heavy Truck EP (2011)


Time for some massive sludge'n'roll! Rising from Greece,Weathers' heavy load debut consists of giant riffs,groovy bass lines,heavy drumming and great US-side vocals. Excellent start point for them and their route seems promising. If you liked bands like Guinea Pig,Demonic Death Judge,Belzebong that I have posted here before and generally you're into sludge scene,don't miss it.
Here is their bio:
"Weathers were formed in the end of 2009. Ramon(bass) and Stavros(drums) after a few jams found their way and wrote their first song “Oblivious”, that was when Jim(guitar) and Mike(vocals) joined the band. At the beginning of 2010 the band recorded their first Promo CD ,“Promo 2010”, which contains 3 songs. Unfortunately, in August Jim left the band owing to personal reasons and Mike replaced him. In the middle of March 2011 they recorded and released their first Ep “Heavy Truck”.. Until now they have played with several Greek bands and have given more than 25 performances all over Greece in the line of their Tour that took place from January to March. The future plans of the band are to record their first full-length album and make as many lives as they can. Finally, the band is ready to perform live concerts with new songs and much more to give..."
(Thanks to the guys from the band for sending their EP.)

Enjoy!

MySpace

Take A Look:

(Thumbs up for Riez,for putting this up)

1 comment:

  1. awesome band, thanks for this. I'm looking quite long time for jammy space doom similar to Sons of Otis.

    ReplyDelete