Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

7.4.11

Groover Von Krueger - Deus Ex Machina EP (2011)


Almost a month ago I got a mail from these guys,sending me their release. I didn't have the time to post it then and to be honest it's not really my cup of tea so I didn't give it the attention needed then.

Now it's time to reciprocate these mates from Melbourne,Australia. GvK is a genre-blend band which likes to experiment in various directions. From psychedelia to jazz and from progressive to hypnotizing groovy sounds. Even, gregorian style choral has a place in their music. All these make their sound interesting and in a way "weird" at times and they manage to hook you up. I have to add,that these guys have a great sense of humor too(which you can see it in their songs) which make their music even more better.

Personally,this album fits me. Excuse me mates for neglecting you. Fans of experimental music and stuff,check it out.It's definitely worth.

You can get if from here or from their bandcamp
Website

Take A Look:

No comments:

Post a Comment