Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

21.5.11

The Grand Astoria - Omnipresence (2011)


In the beginning of 2011, Grand Astoria released their 3rd work titled "Omnipresence". Back then, I didn't post it because it was everywhere on the net (with great success I have to say) so pretty much everyone has heard it. Couple of days ago the band came in touch with me about their album. And I thought that it would be a good idea to bring it back in the surface.

I liked this release very much and I put it to this year's more exciting albums at once. It is an eclectic let's say mixture of music variations that I fancy. Starting from the punk aggression, moving to stoner groove, then some psych tripiness, a touch of southern blues-iness, finishing with some funky beat and then starting all over again. Of course the point isn't to mix them up but to do it successfully. And in this case, these guys done it by creating a totally addictive, interesting and above all, one of the best releases for this year.

As a conclusion, The Grand Astoria is one of the leading forces of the constantly growing Russian heavy scene and a great introduction to it for the newcomers. So for those who didn't have the chance to check it, here it is...

Enjoy!
MySpace # Facebook

Take A Look:

No comments:

Post a Comment