Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

10.10.11

The United Sons Of Toil - When The Revolution Comes, Everything Will Be Beautiful (2011) @320


I'll start this post about The United Sons Of Toil by quoting what it's written in their bandcamp:
"The story is one of an oppressed and hopeless people. Pushed to the brink by corruption and squalid, inequitable conditions, they resort to violence. As they struggle, they convince themselves that their violence is justified and, in fact, that they have no other choice. When they come to power, they face the same problems as those they replaced and become oppressors themselves. Dissension within the new order sets the cycle in motion again.
Fundamental societal change can emerge only through radical individual change."

Coming from Madison, Wisconsin TUSoT are a noise/math rock trio and I have to say that their new work caught me by surprise. It's quite hard to find bands as a reference for describing their music (maybe my listenings aren't too rich as far as this kind of music concerned). Anyway here we have an excellent release which is very interesting too when it comes to their lyrics. Basically is math rock with a lot of noise references. They successfully incorporate post-rock elements too as well as some kind of light version of sludge and some bits of post-punk. As I said it's quite hard to describe their style but at least I tried (in a way). Check them and you won't be disappointed! Dig their lyrics too, the whole concept is brilliant!
*Thanks to the guys for coming in touch!

You can download it by paying anything you want through their bandcamp page.

Take A Look:

No comments:

Post a Comment